From and For the Romance Impaired
by Charles Lamm
As a charter member of the romantically impaired, I need all the help I can get around birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day for the mother of my children, and any other day my significant other determines is ripe for romance.
Half of the population is romance impaired. They are called men. Here are some tips and tricks to get you through those special days or to rekindle a romantic relationship. Just understand if you are a guy, it is your fault and your job to fix it.
10 Quick Romantic Suggestions:
1. Take charge, but know what she likes. If she doesn’t like roses, discover which flowers make her smile. If she loves Italian, don’t offer wings at the sports bar at game time. If she loves Broadway, don’t push for Vegas. Mostly, she wants to know that you know what her favorites are.
2. When it comes to flowers, be sure to have them delivered to her office. And don’t go cheap. Women want their co-workers to know they can get the job done at home as well as at work.
3. If your woman has to work late, create a lunch box and fill it with her favorite things such as chocolates, herbal tea, and cookies. Write “Open in Case of Emergency” on the top. Send it off with her in the morning or deliver in person at the end of the day if possible.
4. Women seldom go to the spa alone. Once or twice a year, spring for her and her BFF gal pal to get facials, massage, and nails done. Understand that if her BFF is married, her husband will hate you for raising the standard.
5. If you are low on funds, a single long stem rose with a note can still add romance. “Thank you for coming into my life.”
6. If your woman has a pet, on Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or her birthday, include a small gift for the critters.
7. Use technology to your advantage. Romantic text messages sent to workplace are unintrusive and can mean so much more than a phone call. “I can’t stop thinking about…” And then, “… XXX” It’s all about love in the age of SMS.
8. If you find free postcards at hotels or restaurants, write love notes on them and mail them to her – home or office.
9. Especially if you are married, you absolutely need a date night, even if only once or twice a month. It doesn’t need to be expensive, but it must exclude kids, and include friends where you can show her off.
10. While I love the speed and intimacy of SMS/texting to a smartphone, email is not dead. As she leaves the house for work, email “Miss You Already” to her work email so it’s in her inbox before she arrives.
Ten ideas are not an exhaustive list, but if you’re like me, it’s more than she’s been getting for quite some time.
Come on over to http://txtromance.com for the latest and greatest ways to use smartphone technology for old-fashioned romance and keep the starch in your relationship.
Tags: Romance Impaired, Romantic Getaways, Romantic SMS
By Charles Lamm